Comparing humidity generators
How to make the best choice? Making accurate humidity measurements can prevent expensive product spoilage in industries like pharmaceuticals, medical devices, semiconductors, chemicals, and food production. To choose the best humidity generator for your application, compare the available solutions.
The 5128A RHapid-Cal Humidity Generator calibrates humidity probes and loggers with accredited 1% RH system accuracy, in the lab or in the field.
It calibrates humidity probes 33% faster than a two-pressure generator and has significant competitive advantages over other solutions as well.
Compare the 5128A RHapid-Cal generator with these other solutions:
5128A RHapid-Cal versus Handheld humidity meters
- Supports on-site multi-point humidity probe calibration
Only calibrates one point. One-point tests may cause out-of-tolerance readings when ambient conditions change.
- Calibrates up to five probes at once
- Fast stabilization time when changing temperature and humidity test points
Calibrates one sensor at a time
- Stable test environment
- Excellent accuracy, stability and uniformity
- Control temperature and humidity settings over a wide range
Temperature differences between the meter and its environment, technician body heat, and moisture from breath can all cause RH measurement errors.
5128A RHapid-Cal versus Two-pressure generators
Heating and cooling times
- 10 °C/minute heating times
- 1.5 °C/minute cooling times
Check the specifications; 5128A is faster than two-pressure generators
RH increase/decrease response times
- 10% RH/minute increase response time
- 5% RH/minute decrease response time
Many generator manufacturers do not specify RH response times
- Mixing insert circulates air in the chamber to achieve excellent temperature and humidity uniformity
- Specifications for ambient temperature range (18 °C to 28 °C, 7 to 95 % RH) are humidity uniformity ±0.3 % RH and temperature uniformity ±0.12 °C.
Many generator manufacturers do not specify humidity uniformity
5128A RHapid-Cal versus Other portable humidity generators
RH system accuracy
- Best-in-class humidity system accuracy of ± 1.0 % RH (7 % to 80 % RH, 18 °C to 28 °C) which includes all known sources of error such as stability, uniformity, drift, and calibration uncertainty
Most competing generators don’t specify system accuracy. Their specifications can be complicated and confusing, making it difficult to know how to apply them to a particular calibration process.
Accredited system calibration
- ISO 17025 accredited system calibration included standard
Not provided by most suppliers
Seven key reasons to choose the 5128A RHapid-Cal Humidity Generator
- Best-in-class system accuracy for dependable humidity probe calibration
- Perform a six-point calibration in two hours
- Supports on-site, multi-point calibration of humidity probes
- Versatile design accommodates a large workload—calibrating up to five RH probes at a one time
- Compact size and lightweight for easy transport
- ISO 17025 accredited system calibration Included standard
- Easy to maintain—only clean distilled water is needed to operate
novembre 30, 2017